Friday, February 10, 2012

Post#1- Burger Stand


View Larger Map



I went to the Burger Stand at College Hill last night and had a wonderful experience. I chose the Kobe burger with pickled red onion and truffle butter, which I of course, ordered medium. The pickled onion was bright purple and tasted sweet with the smokiness of the burger and the richness of the truffle butter - altogether the burger was pretty scrumptious.
My husband got the Black and Blue burger with Maytag blue cheese and a granny smith apple chutney, ordered medium. If you don't like blue cheese don't get this one, there is a substantial amount of it on this burger. The apple chutney contrasts it well because it's sweet, and my husband I both agreed they should add some of those pickled red onions to it. 
We ordered a basket of regular French fries, and beer-battered onion rings, and I couldn’t stop eating either. The fries were crispy, salty and perfectly golden and the onion rings were crispy and beer-y and juicy on the inside. I couldn’t complain about anything - well except that the pickle on the side wasn't dill and that's what I was expecting.
We tried a little bit of every different sauce they had, including the chipotle-cocoa ketchup, parmesan-roasted garlic aioli, and guajillo-chili dip; they had more but I am not going to list them all.
Of course you pay a little extra for all this yumminess, but if you want cheap, go get cheap at McDonald's. But if you are looking for something more than a Whopper or Big Mac, check out Burger Stand at College Hill.

Here's a link to their menu:

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you used a lot of detail to describe the hamburgers you and your husband ordered, it made me want one that much more. I also like that you chose a really unique place. I've never heard anything about this Burger Stand, but I do know I really want to go there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's walking distance from campus, you should def give it a try :) and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had to go and write about my favorite restaurant, didn't you? You described the food (and price) very well. I've been there several times over the last couple of months and don't venture far from The Smoke burger with Duck Fat fries and roasted marshmallow sauce, but my wife has raved about the Kobe and the Black & Blue. Think I'll head up there this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to recommend my favorite sweet potato fries in the Burger Stand. It is really special and delicious.

    ReplyDelete